- ← char: blue beetle/jaime reyes →,
- ← char: miss martian/m'gann m'orzz →,
- ← char: red devil/eddie bloomberg →,
- ← char: wonder girl/cassie sandsmark →,
- ← creator: bryan q. miller →,
- ← creator: joe bennett →,
- ← group: teen titans →,
- ← publisher: dc comics →,
- ← series: 30 days of winter →,
- ← theme: in memoriam →
The first thing you need to know here is, several issues earlier, Kid Eternity found a loophole in Eddie's contract with Neron that rendered it void. Neron had to forfeit his claim on Eddie's soul, but as a result Eddie lost his powers. He spent the next few issues struggling to either regain his powers or find a way to fit into the Teen Titans team dynamic as a mundane.
So while the rest of the Titans were busy fighting the Fearsome Five on The Rock, only Eddie was in a position to realize the whole island was a giant nuclear booby-trap.
And that is why the statue doesn't have horns and a tail, folks. He don't need no stinkin' horns.