|fifthie (fifthie) wrote in scans_daily,|
@ 2011-03-18 01:44 pm UTC
|Entry tags:||char: wonder woman/diana of themyscira, creator: david e. kelley, creator: j. michael straczynski, creator: phil hester|
WHOA okay now that everyone's put on their glare-resistant costume-viewing goggles
Things I like:
- Emphatically, unashamedly a SUPER HERO COSTUME. No muted colors, no "lol, jeans, hoodie t-shirt" shennanigans, pretty much as SUPER HERO as a super hero costume can get.
- Tiara, bracelets, lasso, gold chest-thingy/belt. I mean it's not like THE CLASSIC wonder woman costume but it's way more faithful than anything I expected
- PANTS. I am honestly pretty glad that they went with pants.
Things I don't like:
- I don't personally care about the boots but people are gonna be upset about the boots, I am not gonna be a person who faults anyone for being upset about the boots
- GLARE, jesus christ she is not gonna have to fight much after she has LITERALLY BLINDED her foes, I seriously hope they tone that down a bit on the show
- They probably could have fit some stars somewhere on there, I mean come on
There's some stuff I would think it would've needed, like... shoulder straps, I was legit expecting to be really annoyed by the lack of shoulder straps but... in practice it kinda works without 'em?
Overall honestly I think it still probably evens out to kinda terrible, I'm just surprised to see that it's so much less terrible than what I was expecting, and terrible in such a different direction from the kind of terrible they've done in every terrible superhero thing for the last like ten goddamn years.
I'm sure some (re: a lot of) people's reaction will be THAT SHE LOOKS LIKE A HOOKER but honestly that was probably basically inevitable no matter what they did so I am kind of glad the people who made this went like THAT'S RIGHT EVERYBODY, BRIGHT RED AND BLUE VINYL, WE D.G.A.F.
'Wonder Woman': First look at Adrianne Palicki in costume -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTO
What’s different from what we’ve seen before? Well, how about those shiny blue pants? And blue boots instead of red ones? Compared to Lynda Carter’s get-up, this body-hugging extravaganza de-emphasizes the patriotism and seems to play up the comic’s Greek mythology. And a special shout-out to those bracelets!
Wonder Woman is being remade by Boston Legal writer David E. Kelley, who has incorporated the superhero’s signature lasso, cuffs, and plane in the pilot. NBC promises the project, if picked up to series, will offer a serious, non-campy take on the DC Comics character.
Along with Palicki, Elizabeth Hurley (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me) and Cary Elwes (Saw, The Princess Bride) have joined the cast. Hurley’s character runs a pharmaceutical company that is creating a drug that makes people stronger while Elwes plays the CEO of Diana’s company, Themyscira Industries.
two preview pages for Wonder Woman 608 (preview pages count for legality right?)
(David E. Kelley - at the very least, probably less likely to routinely kill off Amazons than J. PhilMichael Hesterzynski)