- ← char: black widow/natasha romanova →,
- ← char: captain america/steve rogers →,
- ← char: winter soldier/james bucky barnes →,
- ← creator: chris samnee →,
- ← creator: ed brubaker →,
- ← creator: ed mcguinness →,
- ← creator: marc andreyko →,
- ← publisher: marvel comics →,
- ← title: captain america and bucky →
Previously in Brubaker Captain America-land, Matt Fraction borrowed Bucky for his event and killed him. I was on the record at the time as saying that the way Brubaker's story left off, there was no way it was meant to be Bucky's final story; among things, Captain America and Bucky was launching, which we were told was not going to be an all-flashback title, even if the first arc was sort of a "Year One" thing. Here's the solicitation for November's issue:
The solicitation for November's Captain America and Bucky #624, and four scans from Captain America and Bucky #620, which came out a few weeks ago.
CAPTAIN AMERICA & BUCKY #624
Written by ED BRUBAKER & MARC ANDREYKO
Penciled by CHRIS SAMNEE
Cover by ED McGUINNESS
The final chapter in Cap and Bucky's first arc is here, completing the retelling of Bucky's early days with a heartbreaking tale of the Winter Soldier and Black Widow in the 1950s, and our secret narrator is finally revealed - as are the things that tie this series to current continuity.
If you've actually read the only issue of the series that's been released so far, the idea of a "secret narrator" might come as something of a surprise.
The end of the first issue:
Whoever could it be?