Okay, seriously. How is Monsters Unleashed getting, like, zero chatter or buzz? It's easily the best crossover Marvel has done in ages. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've enjoyed an event more.
1) It features a new, unambiguously evil threat
2) It had superheroes fighting giant monsters.
3) It brings back an array of classic Marvel/Atlas monsters.
3) The tie in issues are one shots independent of the main books, derailing nothing.
4) It has Elsa Bloodstone in it.
5) it's coming out on time and each issue is actually moving the plot forward
6) It doesn't even pretend that it will leave nothing the same.
The classic monsters, it is revealed, were "summoned" by Kei Kawade, a young boy who is a NuHuman with the power to call forth the monsters he draws. He proves it to the heroes by summoning Devil Dinosaur. This brings Moon Girl along for the ride.
So the super-heroes, about to face more of the alien monsters, are saved by a cadre of classic Marvel monsters, including Fing Fang Foom, and Googam, son of Goom.
There's also a bit about how he's a destined Inhuman hero, the last version of which lost their life failing to stop the creature behind the new monsters, the Leviathan Queen.
Who is now on Earth.