knight_moves: (Default)
[personal profile] knight_moves posting in [community profile] scans_daily




Last time, Cobra Commander tried to forge an alliance with Megatron based on their mutual evilness. Hey, it worked in Spider-Man 3, right?





You think anyone has tried to cancel Megatron for being so racist against organics?



I can fucking hear Hama saying "I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, ALT MODE LOGICAL EXPLANATION GO!"





An impressed Megatron tries to examine the railgun sans its organic component, aka The Notorious DBJ.



Is this everyone's first time learning that alien life exists (and is giant robots) or have they known the whole time and this is just the first they've ever talked about it?

Meanwhile, Destro tries to comfort Snake Eyes, one sex haver to another.



This seems a little unfair since the Joes have been going out of their way to ally with Destro for, like, fifty issues or so? They just show up whenever he's in trouble, help him out, and go on their way. Clearly, it's policy at this point.

Everyone goes to Cobra Island--which I guess the Joes are running now? They need to start planting some mines, because knowing how these things go, Headhunter and the Headmen will be trying to move in at any moment.



Congrats on getting into the Village People, Zartan. Many are called, few are chosen.





Is this really such a big deal when giant alien robots have now shown up? I guess so, since an upgraded Megatron tells Cobra Commander that...



Is that what Slice/Dice/Firefly were doing in there or did they just not notice it? And isn't it kinda sexist to establish ya girl DBJ as the new Cobra mad scientist, only to bring back Mindbender?

Date: 2024-05-16 01:44 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] scorntx
"Just because something comes from another planet doesn't mean it has better hardware."
Ooooh, burn.
No wonder Dr. Biggles-Jones went into weapons development.


Zartan's new look... so 90s...
(Are the knives real, or just part of the disguise?)
Like how he shows it off for a moment, then just goes back to classic look.
"There, we showed the damn toy! Happy, Hasbro?"

Snake-Eyes with actual visible eyes... something's just not right.

Cobra Commander, bringing Dr. Mindbender back because...
umm...
... err...
... Well, those arguments aside, he's still doing it!

Date: 2024-05-16 03:16 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] mysteryguy
I loved this crossover as a kid, and the origin of Snake Eyes in a few issues. I had a mail order subscription at this point. I definitely read this and the next few issue over and over when I was 10 or 11.

Date: 2024-05-16 03:27 pm (UTC)
angelophile: (Default)
From: [personal profile] angelophile
I never really got why Megatron was so impressed by the rail gun when he has a fusion cannon and can literally harness the power of a black hole, but hey, I guess whatever excuse to get a neon green paint job, right?

Date: 2024-05-16 03:43 pm (UTC)
bewareofgeek: (Mr. Knight)
From: [personal profile] bewareofgeek
I'm just surprised that Hama could resist the urge to have Megatron think Cobra Commander's voice sounds familiar…

Date: 2024-05-16 03:51 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] scorntx
Hama's... pretty animated about the fact that as far as he's concerned, CC sounds like Orson Welles.

Date: 2024-05-16 04:54 pm (UTC)
shakalooloo: (Default)
From: [personal profile] shakalooloo
Then Megatron will have a horrifying presentiment of his own future...

Date: 2024-05-16 05:44 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] thezmage
He hadn’t watched the show at this point. Apparently he was very confused for a long time about why people kept saying “knowing is half the battle” to him

Date: 2024-05-16 03:51 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] mazway_75
I do love how Cobra Commander thinks the problem was not offering Megatron enough money rather than why an alien robot would care about that.

Date: 2024-05-16 04:57 pm (UTC)
shakalooloo: (Default)
From: [personal profile] shakalooloo
The Marvel GI Joe /Transformers crossover is in continuity here, but Serpentor was in charge of Cobra then, and Shockwave of the Decepticons, so I guess these two do have legitimate reasons for not knowing of each other.

I am very impressed by the good doctor's ability to fire a vehicle-mounted railgun with a limited elevation and manage to hit a flying target the size of a handgun. Forget the science, she's the greatest marksman on Earth!

Date: 2024-05-16 06:54 pm (UTC)
angelophile: (The Thinker)
From: [personal profile] angelophile
I always took from the art that Megatron maybe had another mode that was never seen previously (mostly because he rarely transformed anyway) where he became a gun but retained his size and could fly, like Shockwave in the comics. That's my headcanon (heh) anyway.

Continuity is all over the place and technically Megatron and Cobra Commander were leaders of their respective factions in part one of the crossover comic but, in an odd coincidence, had both been usurped by the time the second issue came out. And never interacted at all. It does explain why Zarana actually has more of a clue than CC. She was around the Decepticons a lot more.

Date: 2024-05-17 05:40 am (UTC)
lbd_nytetrayn: Star Force Dragonzord Power! (Default)
From: [personal profile] lbd_nytetrayn
Megatron is capable of changing size, hence why his gun mode can be wielded by a human as easily as another Transformer.

That said, I was never under the impression he did that here.

Date: 2024-05-16 07:44 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] remial
You think anyone has tried to cancel Megatron for being so racist against organics?

yeah, it was mentioned offhandedly in Lost Light I believe. The Galactic counsel tried.

it didn't go well.

part of why they just cordoned off the whole Autobot / Decepticon thing from the rest of the galaxy.

Date: 2024-05-17 05:49 am (UTC)
lbd_nytetrayn: Star Force Dragonzord Power! (Default)
From: [personal profile] lbd_nytetrayn
Ah, at long last... we arrive at my first issue of GI Joe!

I wonder if anyone reading this picked up on the references I've made foreshadowing parts leading up to this point? ;)

Pity Andrew Wildman stopped just before this issue, and if he returns to the book, I don't think it's until after the crossover is done. Still, Chris Batista does a nice job on pencils here.

So, fun tidbit: I believe this Megatron is technically his "Action Master" form, hence its strange look, particularly in gun mode. He was revived with Nucleon at the end of the Transformers G1 comic, but we never got to see his alt mode -- perhaps due in no small part to most Action Masters not having alt modes!

Another fun thing is that I finally got the toy (albeit incomplete) of Megatron's new body (not seen here) earlier this year!

Is this everyone's first time learning that alien life exists (and is giant robots) or have they known the whole time and this is just the first they've ever talked about it?


They've known, given the aforementioned crossover before. You'll see just how much is known on the other side soon enough.

Date: 2024-05-19 12:29 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] super_fly
So what was Megatron doing in Canada? Hockey fan? Taking in the northern lights? Socialised healthcare extends to Cybertronians?

Profile

scans_daily: (Default)
Scans Daily

Extras

Founded by girl geeks and members of the slash fandom, [community profile] scans_daily strives to provide an atmosphere which is LGBTQ-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, woman-friendly and otherwise discrimination and harassment free.

Bottom line: If slash, feminism or anti-oppressive practice makes you react negatively, [community profile] scans_daily is probably not for you.

Please read the community ethos and rules before posting or commenting.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 910
1112 1314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags