It's absolutely the wrong sort of message people have been taking away from Fight Club for many years, though. I can see Guy's dad, and thus Guy, picking up on the idea of bonding through violence. (Mostly male violence--Fight Club had this whole theme about daddy issues and why being raised by women made guys soft and so many people just missed the part where the underlying philosophy was horribly misguided...)
I mean, Guy has been resolving things with his fists ever since he was revived in the '80s, even when it's just blowing off steam between friends.
I'm more disappointed John didn't call him on that sort of bullshit, but maybe he's just diplomatic enough to go along with Guy for the sake of convenience.
So John's a Lantern again? When did he go back to needing a ring? I liked it better when he had that brand on his finger from when Sinestro inducted him into the Ultraviolet Lanterns and he willed into the Green Lantern symbol. Made him stand out more.
If they did, it might threaten Hal's status quo as The Greatest Green Lantern of All TimeĀ®. And he can't keep any power ups himself because we know how that turns out.
I distinctly remember John learning how to tap directly into Green Lantern energy without a ring and effectively becoming a Guardian back in the early 90s.
Founded by girl geeks and members of the slash fandom, scans_daily strives to provide an atmosphere which is LGBTQ-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, woman-friendly and otherwise discrimination and harassment free.
Bottom line: If slash, feminism or anti-oppressive practice makes you react negatively, scans_daily is probably not for you.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-06 06:25 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-06 09:46 pm (UTC)I mean, Guy has been resolving things with his fists ever since he was revived in the '80s, even when it's just blowing off steam between friends.
I'm more disappointed John didn't call him on that sort of bullshit, but maybe he's just diplomatic enough to go along with Guy for the sake of convenience.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-06 10:50 pm (UTC)JOHN: Yeah, I know. Chuck Palahniuk wrote the novel.
GUY: Oh, John, you dunce. Fight Club is a movie, not a book. What are you going to call a book next? Forrest Gump? 2001? Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
JOHN: Those all started as books! How could you not... you're messing with me, aren't you?
GUY: [sipping beer] You guys always forget I went to college. Personally, Lullaby is Palahniuk's magnum opus.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-07 05:50 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-07 05:21 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-07 12:14 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-07 02:15 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-07 02:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-10 03:25 am (UTC)I distinctly remember John learning how to tap directly into Green Lantern energy without a ring and effectively becoming a Guardian back in the early 90s.