DoomQuest #1
May. 27th, 2026 12:14 pm
"[W]hen the chance came up to do an evergreen Doom story - meaning one set not in the immediate present but instead in the not-too-distant past, unshackled from his current status quo - it was really alluring, especially when I was told I could go as big and as crazy as I wanted. In short, this is the fun one: Doom at his absolute Doomiest as he careens his way through a quest through time, rewriting history in his image - all to ennoble and exalt his beloved Latveria. It's fun, it's bombastic, and I can promise some absolute banger Doom moments (and speeches!) in it.” -- Ryan North




no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 04:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 05:21 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 07:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-06 09:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 08:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-30 08:33 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 08:27 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 09:57 pm (UTC)Literally everyone: "Jesus fucking Christ, Reed. NO. Just NO. They're called shower ideas for a reason."
no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 10:08 pm (UTC)Characters come up with ridiculously stupid, bone-shatteringly poorly thought out ideas, and yet no-one around seems to think there's anything wrong with it, even when they absolutely should.
I mean, this is Reed Richards, who's been doing this since eight o'clock on Day One, but... I dunno... it just feels like North does it even more somehow.
(*adjusts tinfoil hat*)
Never mind Valeria, just someone. Anyone. Don't let Reed get more than halfway through "I've had an idea". Don't give him the chance to convince anyone that this time, it'll be different.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-31 09:53 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-03 05:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-03 06:21 pm (UTC)Doom's the one who built it.
no subject
Date: 2026-06-04 05:27 pm (UTC)(Doom. A person to whom the words "thought experiment" are just words.)
no subject
Date: 2026-05-29 01:04 am (UTC)"Trapped in the past, Doctor Doom finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap...will be the leap home! |
no subject
Date: 2026-05-29 01:47 am (UTC)Dr. Doom: Oh Boy....
no subject
Date: 2026-05-31 03:52 pm (UTC)