Batman #12 - "Verity"
Sep. 3rd, 2026 01:35 am
Grant [Morrison] famously said at the onset of their run ‘oh wait, what if you had actually lived through all this stuff? What would it do to you?’ And I think there’s some part of me that is like, what if all that stuff is still happening? What if it’s Killer Croc today and then it’s a squad of ninja assassins on motorcycles tomorrow, and then it’s cartel gangs. It’s a little bit like, we can do it all. -- Matt Fraction








no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 09:17 am (UTC)Also, do Luchadores regularly engage in battles to the death?
I'm definitely getting the same feel from these assassins as I did from the Black Glove's oddball assortment in Morrison's run, that these are at the same time new AND disposable characters. I wasn't overly fond of the Morrison team, we shall see how this goes.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 10:32 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 11:01 am (UTC)Edit - To me at least this seems less "Alfred with a shotgun." and more like "Spoiler with a gang war."
no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 11:08 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 12:31 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 01:10 pm (UTC)The loser of the match loses his mask and his head!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 01:09 pm (UTC)