icon_uk: (Default)
[personal profile] icon_uk posting in [community profile] scans_daily
Following the whole Justice League thingie, coming in June will be a new line up, which will remove most of the current membership and add some brand new members.



So it looks like Robin and Kid Flash are both still there, but the new ones are a varied bunch.


Following up on the recently announced Teen Titans Special #1 by Adam Glass and Robson Rocha, the new team will consist of Damian Wayne, Kid Flash, Red Arrow aka Emiko Queen. Robin will be leading several completely new characters as including Djinn, Roundhouse, and the daughter of The Last Czarnian Lobo, Crush.



So I'm guessing this is Djinn....


This is Roundhouse, who appears to have much the same powers as Cannonbolt from Ben 10.



And well, this one has a name on it! :)

I do have to wonder how you can be the daughter of "the last" Czarnian.


 

Date: 2018-03-25 12:25 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] long_silence
I like this. About time they gave Damian his own generation of Titans instead of just putting him in charge of Dick or Tim's peers

Date: 2018-03-25 01:04 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] long_silence
Something is happening to Lois and Jon in Bendis' Superman books so that might explain it.

Of course knowing Bendis' tendency towards decompressed storytelling, it could be a long while before we know what exactly happens to them.
Edited Date: 2018-03-25 01:06 am (UTC)

Date: 2018-03-25 12:49 am (UTC)
jetblack927: (Default)
From: [personal profile] jetblack927
Roundhouse reminds me of Bouncing Boy from Legion of Superheroes.
Edited Date: 2018-03-25 12:50 am (UTC)

Date: 2018-03-25 12:51 am (UTC)
beyondthefringe: (Default)
From: [personal profile] beyondthefringe
Interesting.
And by interesting I mean "Oh look, new Titans that won't last more than a year or two before they're kicked to the wayside like Bunker and Solstice, until they're needed to be killed off in an event or something."

I like Djinn's look, not sure about Roundhouse, and am all "um... okay?" about Crush.

I miss Young Justice sometimes.

Date: 2018-03-25 01:40 am (UTC)
zylly: (Default)
From: [personal profile] zylly
A shame, as Bunker was probably one of the best new characters of the nu52.

Date: 2018-03-25 02:09 am (UTC)
crinos: (Default)
From: [personal profile] crinos
I'm kind of digging Roundhouse myself.

I also love Kid Flash flashing the metal horns.

Date: 2018-03-25 05:42 am (UTC)
laughing_tree: (Default)
From: [personal profile] laughing_tree
Them getting killed off in an event would suck, but as for lasting only a year or two? Hey, if they're interesting characters, isn't a few years of interesting stories with them still going to be better than none?

It's like when DC/Marvel announces a new series starring a D-lister and folks predict it's only gonna last an arc. And I can only think, hey, if you're a fan of that character, even one more arc starring them is still gonna be sweet.

Date: 2018-03-25 02:15 am (UTC)
spider_man6: (Default)
From: [personal profile] spider_man6
I know people are weary of this stuff, but I think new characters should always be given a chance, so I’m holding out hope for these three.

Date: 2018-03-25 04:31 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] locuatico
I do think Crash has bigger chances of having a lasting impact than "Pretty Boy lobo"

Date: 2018-03-25 03:14 am (UTC)
zachbeacon: (Default)
From: [personal profile] zachbeacon
Lady Slobo?

Date: 2018-03-25 04:30 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] locuatico
"Are any of us able to drive?"
"I am"
"I meant LEGALLY able to drive, Damian"
"Then I am"
"Legally able according to EARTH law, Crash"
"Then I am"
"Running really fast doesn't count, Wally"
"Tell the police in central city"
"Okay, you know what? I am going back with Green Arrow"

Date: 2018-03-25 06:23 am (UTC)
zachbeacon: (Default)
From: [personal profile] zachbeacon
It'd be great if someone's mom had to drive them everywhere. Especially if that someone is Damian.

Not sure if Talia or Selina would be a funnier choice. I see Talia being overprotective* ("if you need anything. ..I have a network of spies watching you at all times."). Poor Selina probably tries very hard to connect with Robin but gets a lot of "you're not my real mom" and other step parent cliches.

*I'm aware they aren't really on speaking terms. Just let me have this.

Date: 2018-03-25 03:01 pm (UTC)
kamino_neko: Tedd from El Goonish Shive. Drawn by Dan Shive, coloured by Kamino Neko. (Default)
From: [personal profile] kamino_neko
Even if they were on speaking terms, I wouldn't see Talia as overprotective. She has had a tendency to actively endanger him even before he decided he'd rather follow his father.

Now, Selina...that I could see - lurking in the trees all the time.

'Father, your wife is being unreasonable.' 'And creepy!' 'Please, Jon, I am handling this.'

Date: 2018-03-25 04:58 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] locuatico
"Yes. I have been monitoring her and she..."

"Hold on, what?"

"What?"

"Father. that is bad, too"

"I do it with all of you"

"That's even worse!"

"does he do it with Alfred, too?"

"Jon. I am handling this... altough he has a good point, do you do it with alfred as well?"

"No!"

"Does he know?"

"Yes, I have been aware for quite a while, I must say" Alfred said, his voice coming from the tracking device he had tailored into Damian and Bruce's suits, like he does with all of the batsuits whenever he has to wash them.

"Okay, you guys. You have problems. Look at my family. they would NEVER spy on me"

And then, far away from the batcave, lois and Clark felt really, really guilty with themselves.

Date: 2018-03-25 07:02 am (UTC)
sisterofbloomerjunior: MN Star Wars rebel logo. (Default)
From: [personal profile] sisterofbloomerjunior
So are most of the old members on other teams? I might give this version a look.

Date: 2018-03-25 06:04 pm (UTC)
strejdaking: (Default)
From: [personal profile] strejdaking
Why not just bring back Slobo? I know they want 1:1 ratio of boys and girls, but there is no reason Roundhouse has to be a boy.

Date: 2018-03-26 07:55 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] long_silence
I miss Slobo but I'm really liking Crush's design. I'm a sucker for pink and punk.

Roundhouse as a girl would be really cute

Date: 2018-03-26 10:43 pm (UTC)
pyrrhocorax: It is XS! She is running! (XS)
From: [personal profile] pyrrhocorax
I thought Roundhouse WAS a girl and now I’m disappointed. Oh well, that’s what headcanon goggles are for after all.

Lobo. daughter. um.

Date: 2018-03-26 04:50 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] philippos42
After all the comics about how Lobo is extremely antisocial, hates his own species, tries to kill even clones of himself, only really seems to like his dolphins—

He has a kid? That looks about twelve?

Is this pretty-Lobo's kid? Why is she even punk?

Re: Lobo. daughter. um.

Date: 2018-03-26 01:56 pm (UTC)
kamino_neko: Tedd from El Goonish Shive. Drawn by Dan Shive, coloured by Kamino Neko. (Default)
From: [personal profile] kamino_neko
Lobo's never been particularly chaste. He might not love anyone, but unless Czarnians are like Amphibiosans that's not a stopper.

Date: 2018-03-26 02:36 pm (UTC)
thenicochan: {...} from Hanna is Not a Boy's Name (Shades!Gladio)
From: [personal profile] thenicochan
Djinn is really cute!

...Damian's duckface is getting me though.

Date: 2018-03-27 03:43 pm (UTC)
shadowpsykie: (ask the questions)
From: [personal profile] shadowpsykie
.... isn't Emiko dead? like very recently?

Profile

scans_daily: (Default)
Scans Daily

Extras

Founded by girl geeks and members of the slash fandom, [community profile] scans_daily strives to provide an atmosphere which is LGBTQ-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, woman-friendly and otherwise discrimination and harassment free.

Bottom line: If slash, feminism or anti-oppressive practice makes you react negatively, [community profile] scans_daily is probably not for you.

Please read the community ethos and rules before posting or commenting.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     1 23
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags