kirke_novak: (Marvel: YA Wicked)
[personal profile] kirke_novak posting in [community profile] scans_daily
Does this count as a dude in distress?



Thanks to Harry, The Station (do not mistake with The Carrier) gets torn apart and Midnighter gets spaced but not all is lost because first we get this:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Yeah, the chinspike clearly proves you don't care about what the others might think

And then we get this:
Photobucket

Apollo/Midnighter and Daddy!Midnighter? I love everything those panels choose to be.

Photobucket
Apollo put on a shirt. There is a God and he doesn't love you.

Overall, I really loved this issue, it felt like the good old Authority and everyone got their moment. Things are looking up.

Date: 2012-02-01 07:01 pm (UTC)
sun_man: this is Dick Grayson (Default)
From: [personal profile] sun_man
In the next 5 issues we need a whole issue devoted to Midnighter and Apollo banging

Date: 2012-02-01 08:10 pm (UTC)
shadowpsykie: Information (Default)
From: [personal profile] shadowpsykie
damn, why is there no like button :D

Date: 2012-02-02 12:45 pm (UTC)
joasakura: (Default)
From: [personal profile] joasakura
+1 <3!!!

Date: 2012-02-01 10:12 pm (UTC)
ghosty732: Cinderella from Vertigo's Fables (Default)
From: [personal profile] ghosty732
If Buffy and Angel get that kind of treatment, it's only fair that other couples do too...

Date: 2012-02-01 07:41 pm (UTC)
littlepunkryo: (Default)
From: [personal profile] littlepunkryo
It always takes me a good ten seconds to recognize Apollo these days. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO HIS WONDERFUL HAIR??? I hope he still has his lovely ass :'(

Date: 2012-02-02 12:31 am (UTC)
sir_mikael: (Barrowman)
From: [personal profile] sir_mikael
Lol you made me think of that old saying "Stick it somewhere where the sun don't shine." I wonder if Apollo's does...

Date: 2012-02-01 08:09 pm (UTC)
shadowpsykie: Romantic/Love (Bat/Cat kiss)
From: [personal profile] shadowpsykie
damn... im gonna have to buy this book aren;t I? honestly i don't know why i HAVENT bought htis book yet....
Apollo put on a shirt. There is a God and he doesn't love you.
... you no likey shirtless Apollo?

Date: 2012-02-01 08:44 pm (UTC)
shadowpsykie: Information (Default)
From: [personal profile] shadowpsykie
OHHHH

I read that wrong. neglected the period. carry on :D

Date: 2012-02-01 08:29 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] mister_cairo
"your exposed skin, the frostbite..."

Why does nobody understand how space works? I mean, in all the time it takes to write an issue, you couldn't take 5 minutes to google this stuff?

Date: 2012-02-01 09:22 pm (UTC)
his_spiffynesss: (Default)
From: [personal profile] his_spiffynesss
Right, the big problem would be pressurization sickness. Sure, Apollo is on Supe's level, but Mindy is still mostly human I understood.

Date: 2012-02-01 10:29 pm (UTC)
glimmung: (Default)
From: [personal profile] glimmung
What!? Next you are going to tell me humans don't explode in space!

Date: 2012-02-01 10:32 pm (UTC)
halloweenjack: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halloweenjack
The chinspike outfit still makes me wince, but I wonder if it disappeared in that one particular panel where their faces are close together by accident or by design.

Like Exiles art

Date: 2012-02-02 12:33 am (UTC)
sir_mikael: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sir_mikael
Maybe it's "retractable"! Like Nocturne's tail! And Thunderbird's nose!

Date: 2012-02-01 11:11 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] long_silence
Isn't Cornell off the book soon? I thought this was like his last issue or something.

Date: 2012-02-02 06:35 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] darkknightjrk
Yep. Paul Jenkins is doing the next two issues and then Peter Milligan is going to be doing issue #9 and beyond.

Date: 2012-02-02 04:00 am (UTC)
lieut_kettch: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lieut_kettch
The goddamn Midnighter should be able to BREATHE IN SPACE.

Date: 2012-02-02 06:40 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] darkknightjrk
Man, I really am digging the Midnighter/Apollo stuff...BUT.

But, there is this nagging thing I have in the back of my head...I wonder if the reason why I like it is because I know these two were together in the past universe and pretty much will be getting together at some point.

I mean, looking at this, Midnighter is just so weirdly forward and yet holding back, they seem to have bonded without a whole terrible lot of interaction, and Midnighter pretty much admits he's been stalking Apollo and he doesn't mind it.

I can't help but think, "We get pissed off about this shit when it happens in Twilight--why aren't we mad here?"

Well, hopefully with the big intro arc out of the way, and with Peter Milligan coming on in a couple of issues, we might actually slow down and have the two get to know each other--maybe even throw a wrench in there and actually make the eventual hooking up worth more.

Date: 2012-02-02 08:45 am (UTC)
quatoria: A picture of the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei III, Nocturne. (hito-shura)
From: [personal profile] quatoria
Honestly, at this point, aren't we all just glad to see them get back together with the minimum of bullshit? As fatiguing as the rest of this DCnu has been, it's nice that they haven't messed around with the Apollo / Middy relationship, the way we expected them to.

Date: 2012-02-02 03:09 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] darkknightjrk
Honestly, I never assumed that, because the minute the book was announced with Cornell writing it, pretty much every interview he ever gave about it included, "YES, MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO ARE STILL GAY. GAY FOR EACH OTHER."

Date: 2012-02-02 08:48 am (UTC)
q99: (Default)
From: [personal profile] q99
That it's a re-do helps. It's re-establishing a long time relationship where we all love the end point. It looks a bit funny if you examine it, but we know they've got chemistry for the long haul.

Date: 2012-02-02 03:13 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] darkknightjrk
I guess that's my problem--we know it's going to happen. In entertainment, we're trained to have at least some little bit of "will they/don't they" and it just feels weird. I honestly think it would have worked better if they weren't as forward in the beginning until, in the midst of saving the world, one asks the other if they want to go on a date or something.

Date: 2012-02-02 03:48 pm (UTC)
q99: (Default)
From: [personal profile] q99
Personally, I have more than my fill of will they-won't they :)

Date: 2012-02-03 11:05 am (UTC)
kiev4am: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kiev4am
I mean, looking at this, Midnighter is just so weirdly forward and yet holding back, they seem to have bonded without a whole terrible lot of interaction, and Midnighter pretty much admits he's been stalking Apollo and he doesn't mind it.

I can't help but think, "We get pissed off about this shit when it happens in Twilight--why aren't we mad here?"


THIS. It's been bugging me too.

Date: 2012-02-02 10:41 am (UTC)
blackruzsa: (Default)
From: [personal profile] blackruzsa
Obviously, there is a problem with editing.
It should be THE GODDAMN MIDNIGHTER.
:)

Date: 2012-02-03 01:10 am (UTC)
be_themoon: I want a better world. By me. (Narnia: Edmund: there are things I regre)
From: [personal profile] be_themoon
The art is not convincing me of ANYTHING and I'm still kind of furious over the mess this book feels like to me.

But thank you for giving me Midnighter/Apollo and dad!Midnighter, writers.

Date: 2012-02-03 11:03 am (UTC)
kiev4am: (jennysparks)
From: [personal profile] kiev4am
He's the goddamn Midnighter. He can flirt in space.

I'm still on the fence with this book - the artist's wonky (to me) rendering of bodies and faces is getting between me and the story, and I want to like Apollo and Midnighter's flirting a lot more, but they both seem OOC to me - but this issue had a lot of things to keep me on board for now. Mainly the stuff in the above scans, but also Angie getting some of her WildStorm edge back. I love her and she's been very underused so far.

Date: 2012-02-04 02:51 pm (UTC)
ext_197528: (Default)
From: [identity profile] kurenai-tenka.livejournal.com
Oh yes! I'm so glad she's (hopefully more than temporarily) team leader. I was really irked that she didn't get the job straight up. =/

Date: 2012-02-04 09:51 am (UTC)
superfangirl1: (Default)
From: [personal profile] superfangirl1
D'aww the flirting between them is cute. :)

Date: 2012-02-04 02:50 pm (UTC)
ext_197528: (Default)
From: [identity profile] kurenai-tenka.livejournal.com
Apollo put on a shirt. There is a God and he doesn't love you.

Tbf it did take about 5 issues. XD I assume that he either simply doesn't like clothes, or (going by his skin tight top at the start) is just really freaking proud of his chest. :P

And yes, this issue was adorable. <3 I weep at the loss of Cornell.

Also, it's interesting how at present the team is basically the regular Authority but with J'onnz instead of the Doctor. :P

Profile

scans_daily: (Default)
Scans Daily

Extras

Founded by girl geeks and members of the slash fandom, [community profile] scans_daily strives to provide an atmosphere which is LGBTQ-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, woman-friendly and otherwise discrimination and harassment free.

Bottom line: If slash, feminism or anti-oppressive practice makes you react negatively, [community profile] scans_daily is probably not for you.

Please read the community ethos and rules before posting or commenting.

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
910 11 121314 15
16 17 18 19 202122
23 24 25 26 272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags