Date: 2017-01-21 11:08 pm (UTC)
ozaline: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ozaline
I'm generally more favourable towards Loeb's run on this book (and Supergirl) than most here... but this story... this one makes no sense.

Date: 2017-01-22 01:14 am (UTC)
lucean: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lucean
It also contained one of the most insane act of comic book writer hubris I have ever come across.

Date: 2017-01-22 02:24 am (UTC)
mastermahan: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mastermahan
What was it? I barely remember this story.

Date: 2017-01-22 06:47 am (UTC)
ozaline: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ozaline
I'm curious too, I remember the story pretty well, but I don't know what we're talking about.

Date: 2017-01-22 09:17 am (UTC)
lucean: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lucean
Unless I'm mixing up the stories, towards the end of this the time travel hijinx become utterly bizarre and let us just say Batman kills someone, won't spoil who. As this is happening, Loeb uses the narrative boxes to overwroughtly explain how people will forever argue that does this count as Batman killing since it happened in an alternative timeline.

It was essentially Loeb patting himself in to the back for creting a historic comic book moment.

Date: 2017-01-22 05:18 pm (UTC)
ozaline: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ozaline
Ah yes that happened, In my opinion nothing in the narrative makes a lick of sense when said timeline comes to be.

Date: 2017-01-21 11:11 pm (UTC)
thanekos: Seiga Kaku from Touhou 13, shadowed. (Default)
From: [personal profile] thanekos
" .. although his preference is for metals he manipulates through magnetism. "

On the one hand, that let us have the part during the " origin subversions " in this where he pulls the spent bullets out of the Waynes and slams them through their killer.

On the other hand, that is so nakedly " the other two's powers map obviously to the Legionnaires whose names they echo and his doesn't and that is FRUSTRATING " that it's hilarious.

Date: 2017-01-21 11:53 pm (UTC)
mastermahan: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mastermahan
I assume the story was written as Cosmic King just having Cosmic Boy's powers, then someone in editing realized "hey, wait, Cosmic King is actually a transmuter", and threw in the handwave.

And to be fair, it *is* weird Cosmic King doesn't have magnetic powers.

Date: 2017-01-22 12:10 am (UTC)
thanekos: Seiga Kaku from Touhou 13, shadowed. (Default)
From: [personal profile] thanekos
One elegant part of MGK's I Should Write The Legion- his LSV would just be the antimatter LSH, so it'd be one with a magnetic Cosmic King.

(Also, their Brainiac 5's Pulsar Stargrave.)

Date: 2017-01-22 12:55 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] razsolo
Carlos Pacheco art is so pretty

I actually really like that take on Cosmic King's costume too, if not the shoehorned in magnetism

Date: 2017-01-22 01:45 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] captainbellman
I find it weird when you have these kinds of alterverse concepts and the characters don't do as Magneto in "House of M" and start dressing like fancy royals.

Date: 2017-01-23 08:23 am (UTC)
lamashtar: "Wolverine does not appear in this issue" (Wolverine not appearing in this issue)
From: [personal profile] lamashtar
That was the best part of House of M.

Profile

scans_daily: (Default)
Scans Daily

Extras

Founded by girl geeks and members of the slash fandom, [community profile] scans_daily strives to provide an atmosphere which is LGBTQ-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, woman-friendly and otherwise discrimination and harassment free.

Bottom line: If slash, feminism or anti-oppressive practice makes you react negatively, [community profile] scans_daily is probably not for you.

Please read the community ethos and rules before posting or commenting.

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
910 11 121314 15
16 17 18 19 202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags